tab bar

Monday, October 18, 2010

When will it be over? UGH

Have you ever felt like you're failing in college?

My failure is chemistry, it’s confusing and I just feel like an idiot in this class. I know I should've taken 090 chemistry and it was my mistake. I'm taking 111 and am completely lost, I feel so dumb to be getting horrible grades on my tests and labs. I’ve even asked the lecture instructor for help. My lab instructor is clueless and strict. It’s her first time teaching and she doesn't know what she’s doing. There is rarely an explanation so I'm feeling completely lost and left out because everyone else in a class seems to understand what's going on.

I received my test back today and was upset with the score because I thought I did really well. When she handed it to me I got the “can I please see you after class”. She didn’t understand why did so poorly and told me to go to tutoring, which I’ve been doing! I just don't understand word problems and that’s all that’s on a test. No fill in the blanks. Just giving me an equation I can solve it, give me a word problem and heck I’m lost. It doesn't make sense to me. Now I'm thinking I won’t pass this class. That would mean paying to take it all over again next semester. I wish it were easy, I study before every test. We are now covering models and I understand it because there is no equation/conversion involved! Why can’t I just get it? When will I ever use chemistry? I needed to rant big time!!

Thanks for listening!

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment